Ever find yourself curious about the thought of getting a bikini wax? If you’ve always wanted to try it out but never seem to find the perfect time to do it, then here are a few tips from Prevention.com to help you make the most out of the experience when you finally give it a shot:
- The right salon. Don’t just go to any fly-by-night beauty establishment offering a bevy of waxing services. Make sure you check the salon first. If they’re online, it’s easy enough to read through the testimonials of past customers (if there are any). Try calling ahead and asking about their facilities. Does the salon have individual wax warmers in every treatment room? When you get there, you should observe how the staff works. Does your waxer double-dip the applicator into the wax being prepared for you? (She shouldn’t.) Does she wash her hands before she starts working on your wax? (She should.)
- A DIY solution—not. Some think they can do the waxing on their own. However, bikini waxing DIY style can have serious drawbacks. For one, there’s not enough leverage possible in the position to allow you to remove the hair from the roots. If this happens, it can lead to broken hair or worse ingrown ones which are notoriously difficult to get rid of.
- Keep to your schedule. It’s ideal to get the treatment every 4 weeks. However, some women often cancel their appointments when they get their period. Don’t. You can use a tampon and leave the salon to work around the problem. That way, you won’t be thrown off your schedule.
- Pain is good. Sure, waxing can be painful and could reduce grown women to tears. However, if it doesn’t hurt, then the hairs didn’t come out—which is worse. So the next time you brace yourself for the pain, embrace it, welcome it, knowing it’s for a good cause.
- Say when you want more. Some women complaint that the service wasn’t able to tear out some of the hair. One way to prevent that is to ask your waxer to tweeze hair that’s barely even visible. By communicating your wishes to your waxer, you can enjoy the best bikini wax, every time.
So keep these tips handy when you start looking for a waxing salon. If you’re looking for waxing services in Jacksonville, pay us a visit at Adrienne Michelle’s Salon & Spa.
Need waxing services in Jacksonville? Adrienne Michelle’s Salon & Spa offers beauty treatments to help you take better care of your body.